We like to keep things simple, so most of the rules below can be summed up in the following 3 guidelines:
- New Westminster, BC, and Canadian laws apply, Don’t break them.
- Respect Wheaton’s Law.
- When in doubt, use your common sense.
For a more specific breakdown, please see below:
- The golden rule applies: Treat others as you would like others to treat you. Donât be a jerk.
- Any and all common rules of proper civil conduct and public decency apply. You are in a public space and anything that applies to the regular world applies here. Please act accordingly. Always remember: safety first.
- No harming others, yourself, or damaging property. This falls under rules 1 and 2, but it warrants specific note.
- No drugs, no smoking, no outside alcohol, no exceptions. If you are clearly intoxicated, you will be removed from the convention grounds.
- Donât harass people. If people want you to leave them alone, leave them alone. If people do not want to be photographed, please respect that and move on. Creepers, no creeping.
Please also see our Harassment Policy.
- If you’re bringing a replica gun, make sure it has a bright neon tip.
- Don’t bring real weapons, no exceptions.
- Non-plugged / fireable BB guns, pellet guns, spring guns and air soft guns are considered real weapons.
- Do not bring metal swords. (If you buy one, remove it from the convention grounds immediately)
- Using metal in props is ok, but avoid sharp or pointy ends.
- Hitting or firing projectiles at others with props or will result in your pass being revoked, and possible charges for assault.
- All bow and arrow, and crossbow style props must be unstringed or otherwise unfireable.
- Any prop weapon that looks like it might have a sharp edge, or might be able to fire a projectile of some kind, must be brought to the NWFF info booth near the North Student Union Building entrance, for peace bonding, immediately upon entering the convention grounds. Failure to have these props peace bonded will result in a strike against your pass, and your prop may be confiscated.